Since the advent of managing projects through agile techniques, developers have never stopped creating new tools that help us better organize information and interact with our teams. Motion and Asana, the most two well-known tools, are examples of the rapid innovation taking place in this field and the abundance of options we have for collaborating as teams. As much as both tools offer excellent features and performance, there is still a huge concern about the difference between Asana and Motion.
Motion and Asana are both excellent project management tools. Motion is good at deep integration and outright reporting, while Asana has a wide library of integration and a user-friendly user interface. However, just like every other product in the market, they both have their different flaws.
In this article, we will cover all you need to know about Motion vs Asana including their features, price and their pros and cons.
Asana is a collaborative application that assists teams in keeping track of their work, including workflows, and various sorts of projects as well as Asana AI features. However, don’t mistake it for a conventional, comprehensive project management platform as it lacks capabilities like expense monitoring, budgeting, and resource management that you may be expecting in that kind of program.
A good app for better workflow and task management, and some types of projects, is Asana. It has lately added further structures and templates for teams who want more direction in using the app. It adapts to your will and is both graceful and flexible. Asana is one of the top productivity and collaboration tools.
Motion in contrast, is useful for calendar scheduling, advanced task management, and AI assistance, combining simple project management with reliable tasks to help time-pressed professionals save time. Motion provides the ability to schedule things but goes a step further by planning your day using your settings and sophisticated AI capabilities that continuously learn about you. Being high on price, Motion is often referred to as the CEO’s and executives’ choice. It costs $23 per month and varies according to annual and monthly rates. Recently, they started selling Motion for Teams, a more sophisticated application for task lists and team calendars.
Motion vs Asana
Here are a few crucial aspects of Motion:
- Simple interface for straightforward job management
- The capacity to develop, categorize, and coordinate tasks into projects
- Adding notes, deadlines, and notifications to tasks is an option.
- Collaboration tools for delegating duties to specific people and discussing projects with team members
- Option to monitor work time and produce reports
- Tasks can be easily sorted and searched using tags and filters that can be customized
- Utilizing iCloud, data backup, and syncing between devices
- Dark mode for better visibility and less strain on the eyes
How Motion Works?
AI scheduling tool
The highlight of the Motion app is the AI-based scheduling function. The AI technology will automatically rank and arrange your tasks on your calendar when you input your projects and their specifics. Furthermore, Motion’s AI can automatically rearrange your schedule to accommodate unexpected chores or events, saving you the trouble of doing it by hand.
Synchronizing all calendars
Motion connects with Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar and allows global calendar syncing. This implies that you may simply access your data in Motion after importing it from other calendars. The calendar’s color-coded blocks distinguish between tasks that are native to the system and those that are imported from outside calendars.
Task management efficiency
The task management system used by Motion is designed to be effective. Simple task and sub-task creation, due date and reminder setting, note addition, and file attachment capabilities are all available. With the help of the Motion app, you can also assign specific tasks to your coworkers or add them as watchers so that you can share other duties with them.
Another useful function of Motion is the meeting planner. This feature makes it simple to book meetings with only a few clicks. You can select a time and date, pick attendees, and add a venue. A to-do list that is already included in the meeting planner allows you to keep a record of every task you have.
Timeboxing, pomodoro, and focus timers
Motion has several tools that increase productivity. This includes: timeboxing, focus time mode, and pomodoro timers. By establishing a barrier between conferences and work periods in the focus time mode, you can better manage your time. Long-duration projects can be broken up into digestible portions with the help of timeboxing. Short breaks are offered by the pomodoro timers to help you stay concentrated and productive.
Motion project management
Although Motion isn’t specifically advertised as a project planning tool, I can see that they are moving in that direction. It almost feels like a Trello, ClickUp, or Asana, especially if you choose the team vs individual plan. Particularly for an application that truly handles so many various things, I was surprised by the very simple project management interface.
I can observe progress through place and time, thanks to the many tabs, which have a Gantt-chart-like impact. The ability to quickly switch between the Kanban sub-tabs is a huge improvement over the previous constraints I experienced with project management apps like Trello and Asana.
What is the price of Motion?
Now, let’s compare the price of Motion vs Asana. For Motion, there are three price tiers:
- Individual: $19/month (when invoiced annually) or $34/month (when invoiced yearly). Contains task and project management, artificial intelligence (AI)-powered automated scheduling and planning, calendar synchronization and administration, meeting booking templates and pages, a 1-click email staff member, mobile and online apps, browser extensions, and specialized customer support.
- Team: $20 per user when invoiced monthly, or $12 per user when invoiced annually. Everything in the Single package is included in this plan, plus collaboration between teammates on projects and tasks, automated task planning and prioritizing for every team member, central invoicing, and a 40%-member discount.
- Enterprise: For the enterprise plan, you will have to contact the sales team about the price. It provides large-scale communication tools, innovative security and controls, simplified administration, and a dedicated client success manager in addition to everything the team plan offers.
Additionally, Motion gives new customers a free trial period of 7 days to try out their services, you can cancel anytime, but during the trial period.
- Varieties of project management features
- Ability to schedule tasks, book, and track meetings
- Different customization options
- Does not have integrated chat system
- Will need extra 3r-party integration for best performance
- A bit expensive
How Asana Works?
Let’s look at some attributes that make Asana stand out.
- List: Organize and view your work in a grid format
- Duties: Displays your work in to-do-list settings
- Calendar: Allows you program and view your work and due dates
- File: Put together every file that were previously and currently uploaded
- Board: Arranges and displays your projects inside a bulletin board
- Inbox: Contains a list of your previous chats
The comparison of Motion vs Asana has a lot to consider. Asana is used to organize and assign complex tasks. Asana is a versatile task management platform that allows users to interact on projects, share feedback, and keep a record of their progress on the project.
Other features that come with Asana are tasks, workspace, projects, and sections that allow users to manage tasks that are connected to teammates and clients. Additionally, Asana helps teams spend less time when holding meetings, working on tasks, and writing reports and emails. With Asana, challenging tasks can be taken care of very easily and within deadlines.
It offers an innovative way for people to collaborate and manage tasks. It also offers users tools with features including projects, tasks, workspaces, and sections for handling projects and tasks connected to many clients and teams.
Workspaces are merely common work locations where people can get together to complete allocated tasks. For various clients and teams, you can independently establish various workplaces.
A room where you may view several projects. Workspaces and projects features are the primary divisions of your company, which may be both public and private. In your project area, you may color-code them and sort them based on tags, associated users, and priority.
To-dos represent the tasks stage of work organizing in Asana. You can create assignments (tasks) including a variety of data and maintain a balanced workload.
You may see a list of every task that is still outstanding in Asana’s calendar area. Asana calendar allows you to rapidly go from “list view” to “calendar view” to check which tasks have due dates.
Even though Asana offers all the tools, you must remain in sync. Some teams are searching for Asana alternatives because the project management software’s pricing and several other key factors prevented it from becoming their best option.
All your related emails and tasks are kept track of inside your inbox. Even better, you can use project chats to carry on current dialogues and also attach different tasks to messages. You may also proofread PDFs and images and transform every comment into tasks and assign them to the rest of the team members for execution.
Reporting & Management
Asana’s reporting and management tool will make it easier for you to update and maintain projects, structure, and send notifications of recent updates as required, if you are the team manager. To ensure that everyone is focused, you also have the option to set “goals” and create “milestones” to reward their efforts.
The reporting and management tool also has tasks and portfolios status update feature that allows users or team members to interact quickly on a project. With your dashboard, you can have an overview of the updates of every task, and the progress of the project in general, and if possible, address problem areas. It also allows you to organize your workers into teams to collaborate on the same project by creating teams. The platform has a team area that includes a page for group discussions and announcements. It also has a summary tab that allows you to track projects. To keep them informed about any problems they can help with, you can add team members to follow projects that are not allocated to them. Project administrators can restrict privacy.
Easy Integration of Apps
One of the most outstanding features that makes Asana stand out is its easy integration feature. Asana integrates seamlessly with many different software such as: Outlook, Zoom, Gmail, Microsoft Team, Power BI, and Slack to facilitate communication. For the creation and sharing of files, both Office365, Adobe Creative Cloud, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive will do a good job. Harvest is an in-built tool for time-tracking.
What Is the Price of Asana?
Asana price plan offers four levels of service:
- Basic ($0)
- Premium ($13.49)
- Business ($30.49), and
- Enterprise (for a price quote, you should get in touch with the business).
If you pay annually, you get a discount. In the earlier days, small teams used to be qualified for a discount if they wanted to upgrade, but that promotion has since ended.
All the Asana features listed as lacking from the free account are also included with Asana Premium. The ability to form private groups and projects as well as administrative controls and priority assistance are all included with premium memberships.
- Modern, swift, and adaptable design
- Effective free version
- It is simpler to manage dependencies using the timeline view
- Not the best for graphically demanding work
- Higher prices than those of competitors
Motion vs Asana Comparison
To compare Motion vs Asana side by side, let’s examine their main attributes:
- Management of Tasks: Both apps offer robust task management features that make it simple to create, allocate, and track tasks.
- Collaboration: Motion provides real-time collaboration tools that make it easy for teammates to work together. With tools like file attachments and task comments, Asana also succeeds in this area.
- Integration: As for Motion Asana integration, Asana stands out. It’s integrated easily with a plethora of other tools like Trello, Google drive, and Slack. On the other hand, Motion integrates deeply with more technological tools like Google calendar and Microsoft team but has fewer integration options.
- Reporting & Analytics: The reporting and analytic tools in Motion are very comprehensive. They allow you to monitor the progress of your project and detect bottlenecks in your project. These in-depth features make it preferable to some people.
- Pricing: Both platforms offer various levels of price plan based on diverse needs. The starter price is $13.49/month for a single account. While the starter price for Motion is $10/month for a single account. Choosing the plan that suits you best depends on your needs and your team.
What Alternatives Are There?
The following apps are also worth considering while comparing Asana and Motion.ai.
- Trello – Endlessly adaptable – Amazingly simple to use – fantastic mobile apps – It’s unpaid – Trello maintains track of every little detail as well as the larger picture.
- Chatfuel – For building an AI chatbot on Facebook, Chatfuel is the finest platform.
- Wrike – Allows teams members to plan and execute their projects. It has a user-friendly interface, it is flexible, very scalable and allows for easy work collaboration.
- Chatbot – Easy-to-use business chat platform.
- Basecamp – A straightforward project management solution.
The comparison of Motion vs Asana can be tricky but very straightforward. Asana project management tool is fast and easy to use, which allows teams and individuals to work remotely on a common project. The interface is user-friendly and offers many features with which you can keep a record of the progress of your projects. As useful as it is, it has its own fair share of flaws.
It lacks sophisticated analytic and reporting capabilities. Meanwhile, if you want an easier tool that allows you to manage all your tasks, Motion is an excellent choice. Motion is easier to use than Asana due to its user-friendly interface. Asana has more robust features while Motion is simple and straight forward. Motion is fantastic for straightforward task management, but Asana has a more robust feature set.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Asana so popular?
Asana is so popular because of its extensive amount of customization, compatibility with other programs like Dropbox and Slack, and capacity to establish dependencies between various tasks, Asana has popularity among project managers.
Why do you choose asana over other project management tools?
Asana is preferred to some other project management solutions because it can divide team goals into doable assignments and projects while monitoring goal progress.
What are the 3 benefits of asana?
The 3 main benefits of Asana are:
- Easy-to-use interface (allows you to navigate the platform easily)
- Broad Integration (integrates with a variety of other project management tools) and
- Collaboration focused (users can invite individuals to their virtual workspace)
Why Asana is better than motion?
Asana is superior to Motion because it can handle bigger, more complicated projects and places a strong emphasis on delegation and collaboration.
Do companies use Asana?
Thriving businesses like Salesforce, etc., all use Asana to oversee their marketing initiatives. For businesses of all sizes, Asana offers a way to more effectively collaborate and manage their workloads.